Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionPedagogy and Power is a volume of interdisciplinary essays which explores the political dimensions of Graeco-Roman education and of its subsequent models. Seeking to make the various structures and discourses of intellectual authority more apparent, the essays argue that there is a social context for the kwledge imparted by classical models of pedagogy. They examine how such pedagogues instruct their pupils to function as citizens who rule or are ruled, privileging certain kwledge over others, and including some individuals while excluding others. Overall the book shows that the complex and plural authorities and power that have been associated with classical learning and kwledge are t part of a legacy to be unproblematically inherited or reproduced.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/07/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleIdeas in Context
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 50
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus.
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byNiall Livingstone,Yun Lee Too
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.