All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPsychiatry is in a mess. Patients who urgently need help go untreated, and perfectly rmal people get over-diagsed with serious mental disorder and receive unnecessary medical treatment. The root of the problem lies with money - pharmaceutical money, and with a diagstic system in psychiatry - the DSM - that is vulnerable to being exploited. The pharmaceutical companies have fostered the expansion of this flawed diagstic system, thereby pushing psychiatry to over-extend it's domain so that more and more rmal people can be diagsed with mental disorder and treated with drugs. Peddling Mental Disorder takes a number of examples - major depression, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, social anxiety disorder, attention deficit disorder, and bipolar disorder, to illustrate the steady expansion of DSM and the over-medication of society.
- Author BiographyLawrie Reznek is an associate professor in Psychiatry at the University of Toronto, Canada and has written a number of books on the philosophical foundations of psychiatry.
- Author(s)Lawrie Reznek
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.