Pediatric Disorders of Regulation in Affect and Behavior: A Therapist's Guide to Assessment and Treatment by Georgia A. DeGangi (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $110.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 10 Sep
- AU $30.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.01
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
About this product
- DescriptionPediatric Disorders of Regulation in Affect and Behavior: A Therapist's Guide to Assessment and Treatment represents state of the art coverage of the latest theory, research and treatment strategies for infants and children with problems of regulation. This comprehensive book, designed for mental health professionals and occupational therapists working with infants and children, provides the most recent advances in addressing disorders of self-regulation. Grounded in research, the development of self-regulation from infancy through early childhood is presented. Screening and assessment procedures are described in detail to help the reader evaluate self-regulation, attention, sensory processing, and parent-child interactions in infants and children. This book is the first of its kind to integrate treatment approaches from the fields of infant/child mental health and sensory integration. Clinicians learn how to address different types of regulatory problems in infants and children by working through the parent-child relationship. Specific treatment approaches for problems of mood regulation, sensory processing, attention, sleep, feeding, and play and social interactions are described in detail. Detailed case presentations are included in each chapter to demonstrate this invative and integrated treatment approach. Full of practical advice, this book is a valuable resource for early intervention programs, day cares and preschools, and infant/child mental health programs.
- Author BiographyGeorgia DeGangi, Ph.D., OTR, FAOTA, is a clinical psychologist and an occupational therapist. She currently works in private practice at ITS (Integrated Therapy Services) for Children and Families, Inc., in Kensington, Maryland, and has worked at the Reginald S. Lourie Center for Infants and Children in Rockville, Maryland, as the Director of Research for the past ten years. She has over 25 years' experience working with infants, children and their families. She has extensive experience with diagnosis and treatment of a range of developmental, sensory, behavioral, and emotional problems. Dr. DeGangi has conducted research for many years to examine the most effective ways of treating children as well as examining how problems in infancy related to self-regulation, sensory processing, attention, and social interactions develop as children grow older. Among her publications are the Test of Sensory Functions in Infants, the Infant/Toddler Symptom Checklist, and the Test of Attention in Infants. Dr. DeGangi is internationally recognized as a leading expert in the assessment and treatment of sensory processing, attention, and interactional problems in infants and children. She was the 1992 recipient of the A. Jean Ayres award from the American Occupational Therapy Foundation and has been distinguished in the roster of fellows of the American Occupational Therapy Association. She serves on the faculty at the Infant/Child Mental Health program of the Washington School of Psychiatry and is associate editor of the Journal of Learning and Developmental Disorders.
- Author(s)Georgia A. DeGangi
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication19/07/2000
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitlePractical Resources for the Mental Health Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Out-of-print date09/02/2017
- Weight790 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.