All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionJust as children are t little adults, the discipline of paediatric surgery is t equivalent to surgery for adults. Differences in anatomy, diseases affecting children and the appropriate therapies make the surgical care of children confusing and tense. Even within paediatric care, the extensive changes children undergo as they develop from neonates to adolescents causes different care to be required at different stages. Full-size texts are available for comprehensive review of paediatric surgery when one has the luxury to sit and study at a desk, but pocket-sized guide specific to paediatric surgery is available. This book will fulfil the need for rapid, clear, concise guidance in the immediate bedside evaluation and treatment of children suffering surgical disease. It will provide assistance to surgical and paediatric providers alike; anyone who has a hand in the urgent care of children requiring a surgeon. The book is also a convenient focused board review guide for trainees and active practitioners taking board examinations. The editors are busy paediatric surgeons at a teaching hospital, performing operations on children every day, as well as training students and residents. The contributors are drawn from the broad spectrum of paediatric specialists encompassing the disciplines necessary to staff a tertiary children's hospital.
- Author BiographyAlfred Kennedy, Jr., FAAP FACS MD. Dr. Kennedy is board-certified in general surgery and pediatric surgery and he is a member of various professional societies including the American Pediatric Surgical Association and the American Academy of Pediatrics, Surgical Section. He received the 2008 Department of Surgery Faculty Teaching Award from the University of Tennessee and he was included on the Consumer's Research Council of America's Top Surgeon list in 2004-2005. Christopher Coppola, MD. Dr. Coppola served in the United States Air Force Medical Corps and deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom where he treated soldiers, civilians and children injured in the war. While stationed in San Antonio, Texas, he was the surgical director of the only global Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) team in the world, rescuing babies from Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. He has published journal articles and chapters in pediatric surgery, critical care and trauma as well as the memoir Coppola: A Pediatric Surgeon in Iraq . He is currently president of the Keystone Chapter American College of Surgeons. Ronald Scorpio, MD. Dr. Scorpio is the Director of the Department of Surgery and the Director of Pediatric Trauma at the Janet Weis Children's Hospital at Geisinger Medical Center. He has travelled extensively and has practiced surgery in Canada and Australia as well as the United States. He is a native of Rhode Island and after college at the University of Virginia, his surgical training included time at Boston Children's Hospital, The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto and the University of Maryland. He also holds degrees in engineering and business.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note43 black & white illustrations, 10 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight777 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byChristopher P. Coppola,Ronald J. Scorpio
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.