All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA vivid depiction of an East End community that has all but vanished. It's 1946 and the close-knit community of Pedlar's Row in Bermondsey are full of curiosity about the new family, the Priors, moving into number three. Laura Prior is enjoying the excitement of her new home - t least because of her growing attraction to docker Billy Cassidy. But her sister, Lucy, is finding life harder; rationing, a shortage of homes, a husband who is emotionally scarred from his internment in a POW camp, and her guilt about a wartime affair, make it difficult to settle into married life.
- Author BiographyHarry was born in 1931 in a back street off the Tower Bridge Road. Only when his own children began to ask questions about the war, did Harry realise how many stories he had to tell. He became known as 'the King of Cockney sagas', and he wrote eighteen bestselling novels of London life. Sadly Harry died in 1999 and the Harry Bowling Prize was set up in 2000 in his memory.
- Author(s)Harry Bowling
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication31/12/1925
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeadline Book Publishing
- Weight406 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $60.83
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.