All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionWith an early 1970s setting in Oregon's Umpqua River valley, this book shares the courage, wisdom, humor and folly of ordinary people through the extraordinary lens of a youthful mental health professional. Author Jim Henson draws upon 40 years of professional experience as a clinical social worker in the process of illuminating the lives of clinic employees and the individuals and families they served. The readers of this book will enjoy this unique opportunity to be observers inside the community, inside the clinic and inside the personal connections between client and clinician. Think Garrison Keillor's Lake Wobegon or James Herriot's Yorkshire countryside and you are almost there.
- Author BiographyBorn in the Rogue River Valley in 1944 at the community hospital, which was condemned shortly after his birth, Jim left the center of the pear-shaped universe at the earliest possible opportunity. He attended college in San Diego, where he majored in psychology and met and married his beautiful bride of 45 years and counting. They moved to Chicago in 1966, and stayed through the deepest snow fall in recorded history and the Democratic Convention/Police Riot in 1968. Jim is a graduate of the University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration, and has worked in the field of mental health for the past 40 years. He is the co-parent of two beautiful adult children and has four gorgeous and brilliant grandchildren. After four years in Oregon's Umpqua Valley, he and his family moved to become residents of Central Oregon's high desert where he currently resides.
- Author(s)Forwrd Phd Mary Lee Fitzsimmons,Jim Henson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byKenneth C Fenter
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.