All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeachers are better together! Nationally and internationally, educators are excited about Les Foltos' techniques for effective peer coaching. The model for Peer Coaching outlined in his 2011 TED talk has been implemented in 40 countries and counting with powerful results. Now you have it in this concise guide to effective coaching! Train teachers to help each other refine their classroom strategies and tailor them to 21st Century needs. Foltos' insights include How peer coaching that makes a difference involves much more than just one teacher offering ather advice. How a coaching relationship is first built on trust, and then on the willingness to take risks. Why peer coaching should focus on adapting teaching methods to the techlogical future of education. For schools to effect the changes the future demands, teachers must learn how to collaborate effectively. With this book, Les Foltos shows the way.
- Author BiographyLes Foltos is currently the Director of Educational Innovation at Peer-Ed. He is the architect of the Peer Coaching program which trains teacher leaders to help colleagues to integrate technology into 21st Century classroom activities. Microsoft Partners in Learning partnered with Peer-Ed to implement Peer Coaching worldwide, and Foltos leads the team that is working with more than 40 nations that are implementing Peer Coaching. Foltos also has designed and led learning activities at four of Microsoft's Worldwide Global Forums, and regional education Forums in Asia, Latin America, the U.S. and Canada. Prior to this he served as the Director of Instructional Technology for Seattle Public Schools from 1990 to 2001 where he led the development and implementation of the District's K-12 Instructional Technology plan. Foltos is a frequent speaker at international and national conferences including a TEDx presentation in 2011 and key note addresses in four countries. Les Foltos earned a Ph.D. in American History and has five years of university teaching experience.
- Author(s)Lester J. Foltos
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/08/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.