All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionMuch concern has been expressed about the scandal of physical and sexual abuse by care workers of children living in residential homes but this is the first detailed study of the major problem of violence between children . Based on extensive interviews with young people as well as staff, children's own perspectives and experiences of violence are highlighted. There is important new information about different levels of violence between homes, the significance of gender and group hierarchies, and strategies to tackle violence.
- Author BiographyCHRISTINE BARTER is Senior NSPCC Research Fellow with the University of Luton. She has previously undertaken research on a wide range of child protection issues. Recently Christine's work has focused on the methodological and ethical issues of undertaking research with children and young people. EMMA RENOLD is a Lecturer in Childhood Studies at the Cardiff School of Social Sciences, Cardiff University. Her main research interests focus on children's gender and sexual identities, gender-based and sexual bullying and researching sensitive topics with children. These key areas are explored in her forthcoming book Girls, Boys and Junior Sexualities. DAVID BERRIDGE is Professor of Child and Family Welfare at the University of Luton and Director of the Child and Family Welfare Research Unit. He was formerly Research Director at the National Children's Bureau and Research Fellow at the Dartington Social Research Unit, University of Bristol. PAT CAWSON is Head of Child Protection Research at the NSPCC. Previous posts included Assistant Principal Adviser to the London Boroughs Children's Regional Planning Committee, Senior Lecturer in Social Work at Oxford Polytechnic (now Oxford Brookes University), and Principal Research Officer at the Department of Health.
- Author(s)Christine Barter,David Berridge,Emma Renold,Pat Cawson
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication12/07/2004
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight485 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.