All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is based on my doctoral dissertation written at Harvard University in the year of 1963. My interest in Peirce was inspired by Professor D. C. Williams and that in Lewis by Professor Roderick Firth. To both of them lowe a great deal, t only in my study of Peirce and Lewis, but in my general approach toward the problems of kwledge and reality. Specifically, I wish to ackwledge Professor Williams for his patient and careful criticisms of the original manuscripts of this book. I also wish to thank Professor Firth and Professor Israel Scheffler for their many suggestive comments regarding my discussions of induc- tion. However, any error in this study of Peirce and Lewis is completely due to myself. Chung-ying Cheng Holulu, Hawaii March,1967 TABLE OF CONTENTS PREFACE V SUMMARY IX CHAPTER I: Introduction I I. Problem of Justifying Induction and Proposal for Its Dissolution I 2. Two Types of Recent Arguments for the Validity of Induction 3 Arguments from Paradigm Cases and Uses of Words 4 3.
- Author(s)Chung-Ying Cheng
- Date of Publication01/01/1969
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight349 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.