All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionPembroke, which gave its name to the present County of Pembrokeshire, is a medieval walled town complete with a magnificent castle dating back to the eleventh century. Many of the great and famous form part of our story: for example, Pembroke castle was the birthplace of Henry VII, founder of the Tudor dynasty. More, its story stretches back into the mists of prehistory when 10,000 years ago man made his way up the Pembroke river to set up home in the Cat's Hole Cave and Wogan's Cavern. Once a thriving port and agricultural centre, w - all industry gone - a tourist destination, there is so much to find out about our fascinating town. Pembroke & Around Through Time shows some of the extraordinary changes that have occurred, t just in Pembroke, but also the surrounding area, over the last 100 years.
- Author BiographyNikki Anderson is one of the Project Officers in charge of the Pembroke Story Heritage Project, in partnership with the Pembroke 21C Community Association. She has produced publications on the town's heritage trails and organized several exhibitions and talks with local historical societies. She lives in Pembroke.
- Author(s)Nikki Anderson
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white, and colour)
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.