All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrated with more than 60 archive images, this collection of true tales from across the Ribble Valley provides a fascinating record of crime and punishment over the centuries. With detailed sections on each of the towns of the Ribble Valley, beginning with the paraid prisoner of Barldswick and passing through a gripping alphabet of place names that ends within the haunted ruins of Whalley Abbey, where the execution of a martyred monk was staged, the book catalogues a chilling range of misdeeds. From terrifying tales of the dark magic of the Pendle Witches, to newspaper reports of petty theft and drunkenness, almost every kind of unlawful activity is included here. Considering the unique circumstances behind each offence, as well as the inevitable consequence of punishment, this book will horrify and captivate anyone interested in the criminal history of the area.
- Author BiographyJacqueline Davitt is an enthusiastic local historian and the author of Ghosts and Witches of Pendle and the Ribble Valley (2006), a meticulously researched study of Lancashire folklore and some of the most controversial trials in the history of the county.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Davitt
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2007
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Series TitleMurder & Crime
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteapprox 65
- Weight230 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.