All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.85Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.12
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.63
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $47.13Trending at AU $53.31
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.95
- AU $36.50Trending at AU $45.07
About this product
- DescriptionRewned photographer and science writer Wayne Lynch has a passion and fascination for the members of the penguin family. A self-described 'penguin addict', he has logged more than 130,000 miles to sit among hundreds, sometimes even thousands of penguins on the far-flung beaches of the Galapagos Islands, Chile, Antarctica and New Zealand. In this new edition, Lynch includes completely new photographs of these intriguing birds and reveals the effects of climate change on the habitat, life cycle and future of these resilient animals. Advances in genetic science reveals a number of new species which Lynch adds to this new edition. This stocky little bird survives a rocky adolescence and adulthood, to experience territorial squabbles, 'marriages', attacks by sea mammals and sometimes months without food as it incubates its eggs through the unrelenting winter. With lively, humorous writing and unforgettable photographs, Penguins! explores the daily lives of this feisty seabird survivor.
- Author BiographyIn 1979, at the age of 31, Dr. Wayne Lynch left a career in emergency medicine to work full-time as a science writer and photographer. Today, he is one of the world's best-known and most widely published professional wildlife photographers.
- Author(s)Wayne Lynch
- PublisherFirefly Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFirefly Books Ltd
- Content Note50 colour photos
- Weight499 g
- Width203 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Laminated cover,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.