All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe Penn Traffic Department Store is back in business in the pages of this one-of-a-kind book. Now's your chance to revisit this Johnstown, Pennsylvania landmark or experience its magic for the very first time. The whole true story of the legendary store, its employees, and the shoppers who loved it is right here, complete with all your favorite treats and traditions. Help yourself to Penn Way candies...have a burger and fries in the Penn Traffic restaurant...relax on the mezzanine...and wait on the sidewalk on a cold winter's night for the grand unveiling of the most spectacular Christmas window in town. You'll never forget this trip through history, from the store's pre-Civil War beginnings to its dramatic finale 123 years later, with three devastating floods, an epic fire, and a high-stakes robbery in between. Hundreds of photos, never before gathered in one place, will whisk you back in time to the people and events that made Penn Traffic great...and carry you forward for a special tour of the Penn Traffic building as it stands today, complete with traces and treasures from the store's glory days. You'll feel like you've returned to the store of your dreams, especially when you cook up the authentic goodies in the Penn Traffic recipe section, handed down from the store's own bakery and candy kitchen all-stars. If you've ever longed to go back to the magical department store where you always felt at home, or you just wish for a simpler, sweeter place where the air smells like baking bread and the customer is always right, step inside. *Also available in a deluxe full-color edition.
- Author BiographyAuthor and editor Robert Jeschonek grew up in Johnstown and spent many happy hours in the Penn Traffic Department Stores in downtown Johnstown, Westmont, and the Richland Mall. Since then, he has gone on to write lots of books and stories, including Long Live Glosser's, Christmas at Glosser's, Easter at Glosser's, Fear of Rain, and Death By Polka (which are all set in and around Johnstown). He's written a lot of other cool stuff, too, including Star Trek and Doctor Who fiction and Batman comics. His young adult fantasy novel, My Favorite Band Does Not Exist, won a Forward National Literature Award and was named a top ten first novel for youth by Booklist magazine. His work has been published around the world in over a hundred books, e-books, and audio books. You can find out more about them at his website, www.thefictioneer.com, or by looking up his name on Facebook, Twitter, or Google.
- Author(s)Robert Jeschonek
- PublisherPie Press
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPie Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.