Pennsylvania Getting Started Garden Guide: Grow the Best Flowers, Shrubs, Trees, Vines & Groundcovers by George Weigel (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book that puts Pennsylvania's most kwledgeable gardener at your beck and call. Split down the middle by the Appalachian Mountains, Pennsylvania experiences a wide range of extreme weather on each side of the divide, with humid summers in Harrisburg and record-breaking swfalls in McKean County. But there's one thing every Pennsylvanian kws well: rain, and plenty of it. The state's well-hydrated landscape hosts a vast selection of beautiful native plants, from the gorgeous multi-season serviceberry to the stunning and underused Joe-Pye weed-and in Pennsylvania Getting Started Garden Guide, locally beloved Patriot-News garden columnist George Weigel teaches you how to plant and care for more than 150 of them. Elegantly photographed, full-color pages impart Weigel's decades of experience gardening in this state. The flowers, shrubs, vines, trees, and groundcovers within-organized alphabetically by type and common name-are each showcased with a reference image; a name pronunciation guide; and detailed information such as full-grown plant size, when to plant, tips for bringing your transplants to healthy maturity, and even recommendations for the best companion species. This comprehensive, easily understandable reference guide is complete with at-a-glance icons for quick plant info, color-coded USDA zone maps, and-of course-the charming writing style of Pennsylvania's most endearing and trustworthy garden writer. So even if you don't love the weather all the time, with Pennsylvania Getting Started Garden Guide, you'll be able to choose plants that do.
- Author BiographyGEORGE WEIGEL (Mechanicsburg, PA) is a garden writer, garden designer, garden speaker, Pennsylvania Certified Horticulturist, and-as his balding, plant-killing brother likes to put it-a Certified Gardening Wacko. In central Pennsylvania, George is best known for his Over the Garden Fence column, which has appeared weekly in the Patriot-News, Harrisburg's newspaper, since 1993 and which the Garden Writers Association named one of America's five best garden columns in 2008. George's articles have also appeared in such magazines as Horticulture, People, Places and Plants, Green Scene, Pennsylvania Gardener, and Central PA Magazine. When he's not writing, he operates his own garden-design and consulting business for DIYers, leads garden-themed tours, gives frequent lectures, and serves on the Pennsylvania Horticulture Society's Gold Medal Plant Award committee. George is the author of Cool Springs Press' Pennsylvania Getting Started Garden Guide (2014). Official Website: http://www.georgeweigel.net Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgeweigel Articles: http://connect.pennlive.com/user/gweigel/posts.html
- Author(s)George Weigel
- PublisherCool Springs Press
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCool Springs Press
- Content Note300 color photos
- Weight612 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.