All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
About this product
- DescriptionPentachlorophel and its salts are used as biocides. Although they are used mainly for preservation and treatment of wood, their antimicrobial, antifungal, herbicidal, insecticidal and molluscicidal properties led to a widespread application of PCP formulations. Bevenue and Beckman reviewed the literature up to 1967 on the chemistry, toxicology and environmental residues of PCP (Residue Rev. , 19: 83- 134, 1967). Significant advances in analytical methodology, recurrent incidents of mortalities of n-target organisms exposed to PCP, regulatory actions pertaining to PCP usage in countries such as Japan and Sweden, and detection of the ubiquitous distribution of PCP in the environment, added to the wealth of recent literature on pentachlorophel. In spite of the usage of PCP as an antimicrobial agent in drilling and packer fluids during oil-drilling operations in the marine environment, little is kwn of the toxicity of PCP to marine and estuarine organisms. The purpose of this volume is to present up-to-date information (including a number of new studies on marine and estuarine organisms) on the chemistry, pharmacology and environmental toxicology of pentachlorophel. This volume is a collection of papers presented at an international symposium sponsored by the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency and The University of West Florida, held at Pensacola Beach, Florida, June 27-29,1977. I am grateful to Norman L.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/04/2012
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleEnvironmental Science Research
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight720 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byK. Rao
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1978
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.