All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionOver 50 recipes to learn how to use Pentaho Analytics and MongoDB to create powerful analysis and reporting solutions About This Book * Create reports and stunning dashboards with MongoDB data * Accelerate data access and maximize productivity with unique features of Pentaho for MongoDB * A step-by-step recipe-based guide for making full use of Pentaho suite tools with MongoDB Who This Book Is For This book is intended for data architects and developers with a basic level of kwledge of MongoDB. Familiarity with Pentaho is t expected. What You Will Learn * Extract, load, and transform data from MongoDB collections to other datasources * Design Pentaho Reports using different types of connections for MongoDB * Create a OLAP mondrian schema for MongoDB * Explore your MongoDB data using Pentaho Analyzer * Utilize the drag and drop web interface to create dashboards * Use Kettle Thin JDBC with MongoDB for analysis * Integrate advanced dashboards with MondoDB using different types of connections * Publish and run a report on Pentaho BI server using a web interface In Detail MongoDB is an open source, schemaless NoSQL database system. Pentaho as a famous open source Analysis tool provides high performance, high availability, and easy scalability for large sets of data. The variant features in Pentaho for MongoDB are designed to empower organizations to be more agile and scalable and also enables applications to have better flexibility, faster performance, and lower costs. Whether you are brand new to online learning or a seasoned expert, this book will provide you with the skills you need to create turnkey analytic solutions that deliver insight and drive value for your organization. The book will begin by taking you through Pentaho Data Integration and how it works with MongoDB. You will then be taken through the Kettle Thin JDBC Driver for enabling a Java application to interact with a database. This will be followed by exploration of a MongoDB collection using Pentaho Instant view and creating reports with MongoDB as a datasource using Pentaho Report Designer. The book will then teach you how to explore and visualize your data in Pentaho BI Server using Pentaho Analyzer. You will then learn how to create advanced dashboards with your data. The book concludes by highlighting contributions of the Pentaho Community. Style and approach A comprehensive, recipe-based guide to take complete advantage of the Pentaho Analytics for MongoDB.
- Author BiographyJoel Latino was born in Ponte de Lima, Portugal, in 1989. He has been working in the IT industry since 2010, mostly as a software developer and BI developer. He started his career at a Portuguese company and specialized in strategic planning, consulting, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise software that is fully adapted to its customers' needs. He earned his graduate degree in informatics engineering from the School of Technology and Management of Viana do Castelo Polytechnic Institute. In 2014, he moved to Edinburgh, Scotland, to work for Ivy Information Systems, a highly specialized open source BI company in the United Kingdom. Joel mainly focuses on open source web technology, databases, and business intelligence, and is fascinated by mobile technologies. He is responsible for developing some plugins for Pentaho, such as Android and Apple push notification steps, and lot of other plugins under Ivy Information Systems. Harris Ward has been working in the IT sector since 2004, initially developing websites using LAMP and moving on to business intelligence in 2006. His first role was based in Germany on a product called InfoZoom, where he was introduced to the world of business intelligence. He later discovered open source business intelligence tools and dedicated the last 9 years to not only working on developing solutions, but also working to expand the Pentaho community with the help of other committed members. Harris has worked as a Pentaho consultant over the past 7 years under Ambient BI. Later, he decided to form Ivy Information Systems Scotland, a company focused on delivering more advanced Pentaho solutions as well as developing a wide range of Pentaho plugins that you can find in the marketplace today.
- Author(s)Harris Ward,Joel Latino
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication29/12/2015
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.