All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYour all-in-one resource for using Pentaho with MySQL for Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing Open-source Pentaho provides business intelligence (BI) and data warehousing solutions at a fraction of the cost of proprietary solutions. Now you can take advantage of Pentaho for your business needs with this practical guide written by two major participants in the Pentaho community. The book covers all components of the Pentaho BI Suite. You'll learn to install, use, and maintain Pentaho-and find plenty of background discussion that will bring you thoroughly up to speed on BI and Pentaho concepts. Of all available open source BI products, Pentaho offers the most comprehensive toolset and is the fastest growing open source product suite Explains how to build and load a data warehouse with Pentaho Kettle for data integration/ETL, manually create JFree (pentaho reporting services) reports using direct SQL queries, and create Mondrian (Pentaho analysis services) cubes and attach them to a JPivot cube browser Review deploying reports, cubes and metadata to the Pentaho platform in order to distribute BI solutions to end-users Shows how to set up scheduling, subscription and automatic distribution The companion Web site provides complete source code examples, sample data, and links to related resources.
- Author BiographyRoland Bouman is an application developer focusing on open source Web technology, databases, and Business Intelligence. He is an active member of the MySQL and Pentaho communities, and you can follow his blog at http://rpbouman.blogspot.com/. Jos van Dongen is a seasoned Business Intelligence professional and well-known author and presenter. He speaks regularly at conferences and seminars. You can find more information about Jos at http://www.tholis.com.
- Author(s)Jos Van Dongen,Roland Bouman
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight962 g
- Width186 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Contained items statementContains Online resource
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.