Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionBecause Pentecostalism is a Spirit movement, Pentecostals favor worship in which the Spirit moves. Pentecostal worship means experiencing the Holy Spirit in the fellowship of the Church. This worship experience includes ainted singing, inspired preaching, and observance of the holy sacraments. However, the goal of worship is to encounter the Holy Spirit at the altar. It is in the altar that souls are gloriously saved, converts are sanctified, the sick are healed, and seekers are baptized in the Holy Spirit. These altar calls may be isy and chaotic events, or they may be somber and tearful events, but those who witness and participate in this Spiritual worship walk away from the altar deeply moved and inwardly transformed. Pentecostal worship is t simply enthusiasm, r is it entertainment - it is an evangelistic encounter with God's holy presence.
- Author BiographyDaniel Tomberlin holds a bachelor of science degree (B.S.) from Lee University; a master of divinity degree (M.Div.) from the Pentecostal Theological Seminary; and he is a candidate for the doctor of ministry (D.Min.) from the Pentecostal Theological Seminary. Tomberlin is an ordained bishop in the Church of God (Cleveland, TN) with thirty years of pastoral experience. He serves as district bishop, chair of Ministerial Development in South Georgia, and other denominational boards on both the regional and international levels. Also, he is active in international ministerial development, teaching pastoral theology in Yangon, Myanmar, and serves as adjunct faculty at Bulgarian Theological College in Stara Zagora, Bulgaria. Stateside, he is pastor of Bainbridge Church of God, Bainbridge, Georgia.
- Author(s)Daniel Tomberlin
- PublisherCenter for Pentecostal Leadership & Care
- Date of Publication17/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCenter for Pentecostal Leadership & Care
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ariel Vzquez,Ariel Vazquez
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.