Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionWritten as a result of the information which has come to light concerning revelations of widespread sexual, physical and emotional abuse of children in children's homes, this review two main purposes. The first is to review safeguards introduced for England and Wales by the Children Act 1989 at its implementation in 1991, and further measures since take to protect children's residential homes, foster care and boarding schools. The second is to assess whether these safeguards are the most effective that can realistically be designed to protect such children form abuse and other harm and whether they are being satisfactorily enforced. Recommendations on how to improve the lives of children in care are then given, as the text argues that the ultimate cost to society of t making improvements will be many times greater than the ecomic costs of restructuring the system.
- Author(s)Dept.of Health
- Date of Publication01/11/1997
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNorwich
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintStationery Office Books
- Content Notetables
- Width198 mm
- Height210 mm
- Volume editorW.B. Utting
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.