All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionSo what is a member-owned business? What does it look like? How can we distinguish it from an investor-owned business? The crucial distinction is between a business that is people-centred, and one that is money-centred. This book explores the growing number of companies which use this model and their wider significance in society.
- Author BiographyJOHNSTON BIRCHALL is Professor of Social Policy at the University of Stirling, UK. He studied at Oxford and did his PhD at York University, UK. He spent five years as a housing association manager before returning to academic life to focus for the next 25 years on questions concerning stakeholder participation in co-operatives, mutuals and public service agencies. He has written several books on the subject (with translations into five languages), and has advised UN agencies on co-operative responses to the global economic crisis.
- Author(s)Johnston Birchall
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/11/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight425 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.