Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionPercutaneous aortic valve replacement and percutaneous mitral valve repair are emerging alternatives for high-risk patients with severe valve disease. Interventional cardiologists are faced with the challenge represented by this complex procedure. This practical guide specifically deals with a comprehensive kwledge of the techniques and approach to percutaneous treatment of left side cardiac valve disease and discusses the potential complications and expected or potential morbidity from the procedure.
- Author BiographyCorrado Tamburino is Professor of Cardiology and Director of both the Cardiology Institute and Cardiovascular Dept. and the Post-graduate School of Cardiology at the University of Catania. He is also Chief of the Cardiovascular Dept. at Ferrarotto Hospital, Catania. At present he is also President of the Italian Society of Invasive Cardiology (GISE). He introduced the technique of endomyocardial biopsy and mitral valvuloplasty to Sicily and has performed more than 12,000 interventional procedures of coronary angioplasty and coronary stent implantation. Prof. Tamburino was the first interventional cardiologist in Italy to implant a percutaneous aortic valve on patients who cannot undergo surgical interventions and the first who treated percuteneously mitral regurgitation. An interesting recent article published in CIRCULATION presents Prof. Tamburrino's career and experiences in detail (Circulation 2008; 118; f63-f66).
- Author(s)Corrado Tamburino,Gian Paolo Ussia
- PublisherSpringer Verlag
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintSpringer Verlag
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, 233 colour illustrations, 15 colour tables
- Weight612 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.