All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second edition of acclaimed bestseller Perfect Exposure looks at the way professionals address the fundamentals of photography, laying out the decision-making process with the absolute clarity Michael Freeman is famed for. While addressing a subject as old as photography, exposure, this book is fully updated to cover the influence of all the latest techlogy. Chapter one introduces t just the key camera settings, but also the photographer's ideal decision flow, a process you can easily use in your own work. Chapter two examines all the camera techlogy designed to assist you in capturing the perfect photo, giving honest thoughts on its advantages and disadvantages. Chapter three is a complete theory and practice of exposure broken down into every shooting scenario you'll ever encounter, from evenly lit scenes to those with wild contrast. Chapter four deals with developing style through exposure, including ideas like high key photography, silhouette and more, as well as a look at the zone system, pioneered by photographers like Ansel Adams, in a digital context. Finally Chapter 5 looks at the powerful post-processing techniques.
- Author BiographyMichael Freeman, professional photographer and best-selling author, was born in England in 1945, took a Masters in Geography at Brasenose College, Oxford University, and then worked in advertising in London for six years. In 1971 he made the life-changing decision to travel up the Amazon with two secondhand cameras, and when Time-Life used many of the pictures he came back with, he embarked on a full-time photographic career. Since then, working for clients that include all the world's major magazines, most notably the Smithsonian Magazine (for which he has shot more than 40 stories over 30 years), Freeman's reputation as one of the world's leading reportage photographers has been consolidated. Of his many books, which have sold over 4 million copies worldwide, more than 60 titles are on the practice of photography. For this photographic educational work he was awarded the Prix Louis Philippe Clerc by the French Ministry of Culture. Freeman's books on photography have been translated into 27 languages.
- Author(s)Michael Freeman
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- Series TitleThe Photographer's Eye
- Place of PublicationLewes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight812 g
- Width239 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.