All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionWhile most of us have moments of loving freely and openly, it is often hard to sustain this where it matters most--in our intimate relationships. Why, if love is so great and powerful, are human relationships so challenging and difficult? If love is the source of happiness and joy, why is it so hard to open to it fully and let it govern our lives? In this book, John Welwood addresses these questions and shows us how to overcome the most fundamental obstacle that keeps us from experiencing love's full flowering in our lives. Perfect Love, Imperfect Relationships begins by showing how all our relational problems arise out of a universal, core wounding around love that affects t only our personal relationships but the quality of life in our world as a whole. This wounding shows up as a pervasive mood of unlove --a deep sense that we are t intrinsically lovable just as we are. And this shuts down our capacity to trust, so that even though we may hunger for love, we have difficulty opening to it and letting it circulate freely through us. This book takes the reader on a powerful journey of healing and transformation that involves learning to embrace our humanness and appreciate the imperfections of our relationships as trail-markers along the path to great love. It sets forth a process for releasing deep-seated grievances we hold against others for t loving us better and against ourselves for t being better loved. And it shows how our longing to be loved can magnetize the great love that will free us from looking to others to find ourselves. Written with penetrating realism and a fresh, lyrical style that hors the subtlety and richness of our relationship to love itself, this revolutionary book offers profound and practical guidance for healing our lives as well as our embattled world.
- Author Biography* John Welwood, Ph.D., is a clinical psychologist, psychotherapist, teacher, and author. His innovative approach integrates Eastern spiritual teachings with Western therapeutic practice. His books include the best-selling JOURNEY OF THE HEART, ORDINARY MAGIC, and TOWARD A PSYCHOLOGY OF AWAKENING. He and his wife, Jennifer, lead workshops on conscious relationship and psychospiritual work across the country.
- Author(s)John Welwood
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication03/05/2007
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Weight280 g
- Width138 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.