All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn a perfect day, the hours stretch endlessly ahead. Scribbling with chalk, running with kites, digging for shells ...paddling, climbing, dreaming. Hour unfolds upon hour, with reassuring comfort and sleep beckoning at the end. CBCA shortlisted author, Danny Parker captures the simplicity, spontaneity and freedom of an idyllic childhood. Kate Greenaway and multiple CBCA winner Freya Blackwood's paintings of three children roaming a rolling beachside idyll capture the light-and even the smell and feel-of a perfect summer day. Perfect is balm for the soul.
- Author BiographyIn another life Danny Parker worked as a nurse, an actor and an undertaker before settling into work as a drama teacher. He is currently the Director of Drama and Youth Theatre at Hale School, in Perth, WA. A chance meeting with fellow WA-based illustrator and author, Matt Ottley, lead to Danny's first picture book Tree in 2012. Their second collaboration, Parachute, was shortlisted for CBCA's 2014 Picture Book of the Year award. Proven as an immensely talented author, and with an imagination to rival any 5-year-old, Danny's next adventure sees him tackle the exciting world of junior fiction with the brand new early reader series Lola's Toy Box. Not one to be idle, Danny also collaborated with award-winning illustrator Freya Blackwood in 2015 to release a picture book called Perfect. Freya Blackwood was born in Edinburgh and grew up in Orange in NSW, Australia where she now lives with her daughter Ivy. After graduating from UTS in Visual Communications, Freya worked in the film industry as a production assistant, runner and effects technician. She began illustrating picture books in 2002 and has since been shortlisted for, and won many prestigious awards, including the Kate Greenaway Medal in 2010. Award-winning titles include Two Summers with John Heffernan (2004 CBCA Chrichton Award winner) and Amy & Louis with Libby Gleeson (2007 CBCA Picture Book of the Year for Younger Readers) with Scholastic Press; Little Hare titles Maudie and Bear with the late Jan Ormerod (2011 CBCA Early Childhood Book of the Year); Look, A Book! with Libby Gleeson (2012 CBCA Picture Book of the Year); Go To Sleep Jessie with Libby Gleeson (2015 CBCA Early Childhood Book of the Year) and My Two Blankets with Irena Kobald (2015 CBCA Picture Book of the Year); and from Allen & Unwin The Cleo Stories: The Necklace and The Present with Libby Gleeson (CBCA Winner Book of the Year: Younger Readers). Freya works and creates in her backyard studio.
- Author(s)Danny Parker
- PublisherHardie Grant Egmont
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintLittle Hare
- Content NoteFull Colour
- Weight431 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Freya Blackwood
- Interest AgeFrom 1
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.