All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReduce your accent when prouncing English, with the expertise from an acclaimed specialist in the area Developed by acclaimed speech consultant and accent specialist Susan Cameron, Perfecting Your English Pronunciation features her successful method, which focuses on the anatomical placement of sound and on the musculature used in articulation. Where other accent reduction/English pronunciation products rely on solely mimicking of audio sounds, this work focuses visually, audibly, and narratively on the physical ability to speak English, ting that many sounds of English may be difficult for you because some tongue positions used in English may t be used in your native language. The 45-minute DVD introduces you to mouth and jaw exercises to prepare you for English, then demonstrates mouth formations and tongue placement using other nnative speakers like you. You will see and hear how English sounds--enabling you to become more and more comfortable conversing with native English speakers as you go through the program.
- Author BiographySusan Cameron is Master Teacher and Chair of Voice and Speech, CAP21, New York University, and is dialect coach for feature film and TV. She is a specialist in accent reduction, and has taught thousands of students from all over the world, most famously, in 1993, Japanese prime minister Hosokawa in preparation for his United Nations address before the General Assembly--the first given in English by a Japanese prime minister. Cameron has consulted for Cartus Language Specialists in working on accent modification with the human resources departments of many international corporations who outsource technological help. Her clients have included foreign executives at American Express and actors wishing to perfect an American accent. She has taught nearly every accent in the world.
- Author(s)Susan Cameron
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Contemporary
- Content Noteport.
- Weight503 g
- Width188 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.