All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCold War history research of the recent years suggests that the East-West detente process of the 1970s was a more significant element than previously believed in understanding and explaining the processes on both sides of the East-West divide which led to the peaceful end of the Cold War in the late 1980s. This anthology is a contribution to this research. The dozen articles of the book elucidate the European d6tente process from grass-root as well as diplomatic levels, including the Helsinki Conference Final Act of 1975 on respect of human rights and human contacts across the Iron Curtain of the Cold War. The articles are original research based on recently opened and t previously used state and private archives in West and East Europe and the United States, written by a mixture of internationally distinguished senior scholars and younger, promising researchers from the United States, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Italy, and Denmark.
- Author BiographyDr Poul Villaume is Professor at The Saxo Institute, University of Copenhagen. Dr Odd Arne Westad is Professor of Cold War Studies at the London School of Economics.
- PublisherMuseum Tusculanum Press
- Date of Publication12/01/2010
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationCopenhagen
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintMuseum Tusculanum Press
- Weight738 g
- Width245 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byOdd Arne Westad,Poul Villaume
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.