All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.83Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionMaster an Approach Based on Fire Safety Goals, Fire Scenarios, and the Assessment of Design Alternatives Performance-Based Fire Safety Design demonstrates how fire science can be used to solve fire protection problems in the built environment. It also provides an understanding of the performance-based design process, deterministic and risk-based analysis techniques, development of design fire scenarios, trial design development and analysis, and building lifecycle management. Develop a Strategy That Meets the Fire Safety Goals for a Building Topics addressed include designing to protect people from fire, design of detection systems, smoke control systems and structural fire resistance, addressing computational and design uncertainty, and fire testing to support design development or evaluation. * Identifies key attributes of performance-based design * Reviews the advantages and disadvantages of performance-based design over specification-based prescriptive design * Provides a series of steps offering a framework/process for performance-based design Performance-Based Fire Safety Design focuses on the development and application of performance-based fire safety design approaches. Written by leading experts in the field, this text addresses the unique features and uses of a building and helps you gain a better understanding of how a building will perform in the event of a fire.
- Author BiographyMorgan Hurley is project director at Aon Fire Protection Engineering in Maryland and former technical director of SFPE. He serves as adjunct faculty at the University of Maryland and California Polytechnic State University. Morgan chaired the NFPA Life Safety Code Technical Committee on Fundamentals, which developed the performance-based design option in NFPA 101 and NFPA 5000. Morgan is a recipient of the Committee Service Award for distinguished service in the development of NFPA codes and standards from NFPA. He is also a licensed professional engineer. Eric Rosenbaum is a vice president for Jensen Hughes and a registered fire protection engineer with over 20 years of experience in fire safety. He is also an adjunct professor at the University of Maryland. As a member of NFPA, he chaired the Life Safety Code Technical Committee on Fire Protection Features for nine years. Mr. Rosenbaum received the Committee Service Award, for distinguished service in the development of NFPA codes and standards, from the National Fire Protection Association, and has been the recipient of the Hat's Off Award from the Society of Fire Protection Engineers multiple years.
- Author(s)Eric R. Rosenbaum,Morgan J. Hurley
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication29/04/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.