All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionBusiness Intelligence (BI) and Performance Management (PM) - the development and delivery of business insight for users and the management of execution based on that insight - are two solution-types that promise to bring great value to enterprises. Yet most organizations haven't yet realized the elusive bene?ts of these two important disciplines. The reasons for this are manifold. However, the primary causes are the culture of the organization and it leadership. This is a topic, which I've addressed at length in my latest book: Pro?les in Performance - Business Intelligence Journeys and the Roadmap for Change. The culture and leadership of the organization determines the importance and strategic intent surrounding the use of BI and PM. Sadly, most organizations lack the motivation to embrace transparency and accountability - or to align with the strategy of the organization - enabling execution and coordination in unison with the mission. However, once an organization and its leadership are ready to take a step towards real change - creating an environment of openness, sharing and alignment - with BI and PM as its centerpiece - the next question then becomes one of how and where to begin ? Even with great strategic intent, missteps in the development and deployment of BI and PM and can cause disillusionment and disappointment - lending support to the naysayers of the organization - and leading to failure and abandonment of these critical programs.
- Author BiographyStefano Tonchia, Ph.D., is Full Professor of Business & Innovation Management at the University of Udine, Italy. He is the Dean of the Project Management School at Alenia Aeronautica, the Italian Aeronautics Company, and Honorary Commander USAF Aviano Air Base He has written many articles on international journals, and published several books, including Process Management for the Extended Enterprise (2004) and Industrial Project Management (2008), both for Springer. He is an international leading expert on Lean Management, Project Management, BPR and Performance Measurement. www.tonchia.it. Luca Quagini, engineer and business consultant, since 1997 he is CEO of SDG Group, a global management consulting firm that specialises in Business Performance Management and Analytical Applications design and development. He is the founder and Head of the Master in Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management at the University of Verona. He is the creator of the Management Intelligence methodology, as well as author of numerous publications dedicated to the Planning and Management Control themes and information processing to support decision making. www.sdggroup.com.
- Author(s)Luca Quagini,Stefano Tonchia
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication16/09/2010
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight930 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.