All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book investigates the tion of beauty in participatory art, an interdisciplinary form that necessitates the audience's agential participation and that is often seen in interactive art and techlogy-driven media installations. After considering established theories of beauty, for example, Plato, Alison, Hume, Kant, Gadamer and Santayana through to McMahon and Sartwell, Heinrich argues that the experience of beauty in participatory art demands a revised tion of beauty; a conception that accounts for the performative and ludic turn within various art forms and which is, in a broader sense, a tion of beauty suited to a participatory and techlogy-saturated culture. Through case studies of participatory art, he provides an art-theoretical approach to the concept of performative beauty; an approach that is then applied to the wider context of media and design artefacts.
- Author BiographyFalk Heinrich is an associate professor and head of studies (School of Communication, Art, and Technology) at Aalborg University, Denmark and has worked as an actor, theatre director, and installation artist.
- Author(s)Falk Heinrich
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/03/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Art and Visual Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.