All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a remarkable set of linked essays on the African American male experience. Alexander picks a number of settings that highlight Black male interaction, sexuality, and identity_the student-teacher interaction, the black barbershop, drag queen performances, the funeral eulogy. From these he builds a theory of Black masculine identity using auto-ethgraphy and ideas of performance as his base.
- Author BiographyBryant Keith Alexander teaches in the departments of Communication and Liberal Studies at California State University, Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Bryant Keith Alexander
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication21/07/2006
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleCrossroads in Qualitative Inquiry
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width182 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.