All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cuban Revolution has generated extraordinary literary achievements by writers both within Cuba and in exile. This book focuses on selected works by Edmundo Deses, Senel Paz and Elias Miguel Muz and the transformations of their texts from prose to film and theatre. Performing Cuba breaks new ground by clearly demonstrating how these multiple rewritings and additional authorial voices from the filmic and theatrical media rewrite the characters' gender performances in order to manipulate the texts' reading.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Denis Jorge Berenschot is Assistant Professor of Modern Languages at Shepherd University, West Virginia. He received his Ph.D. in Latin American literature from the University of Maryland at College Park. He is the author of numerous articles on contemporary Cuban literature and theatre.
- Author(s)Denis Jorge Berenschot
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleCaribbean Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight390 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.