All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS) is a questionnaire and was designed as a simple means of screening for postnatal depression in health care settings. The scale is w in use around the world and this book is a practical guide to using the scale in clinical practice, its origins and development background. This second edition has been revised and contains much advice based on years of experience. All chapters and references have been updated and the chapters on screening and counselling have been considerably revised, the evidence base on interventions for perinatal depression is provided, plus details of invative methods such as internet-based therapy. The book includes the EPDS questionnaire itself in 58 other languages, plus a discussion of the questionnaire's cultural validity. The scale can also be used by researchers seeking information on factors which influence the emotional well-being of new mothers and their families and guidance is also given on use of the scale in research settings. The book will be useful for psychologists, psychiatrists, health visitors, midwives, family doctors, obstetricians and community psychiatric nurses, plus researchers in perinatal health. * A practical guide to using the EPDS in clinical and research settings. * Background on perinatal mental health and the development of the EPDS. * The complete English-language version of the EPDS. * The EPDS translated into 58 other languages. Readership: Psychologists, psychiatrists, health visitors and midwives. Plus researchers in perinatal health. Family doctors, obstetricians and community psychiatric nurses will also find this useful.
- Author BiographyAbout the authors: John Cox - Emeritus Professor of Psychiatry, Keele University, Stoke on Trent. Jeni Holden - Retired psychology lecturer and former health visitor, Edinburgh. Carol Henshaw - Senior Lecturer in Psychiatry, Keele University, Stoke on Trent.
- Author(s)Carol A. Henshaw,Jeni Holden,John Cox
- PublisherRCPsych Publications
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRCPsych Publications
- Weight414 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.