All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn these times of soaring food prices, growing food in cities is becoming the big urban trend. As demand far outstrips supply for allotments, Permaculture in Pots shows you how to get started with whatever space you have available- appealing to those who feel powerless to meet their own subsistence needs through lack of growing space. Month by month we learn what to grow on a balcony or in a container garden, using low impact permaculture principles. It doesn't matter when you pick up the book and start your journey of container gardening- wherever you are in the year, open the book to that chapter and it'll tell you what you should be doing. Each month's section details chores to be done; how to plan ahead for the next season; and which fruit and veg to be sowing, growing and eating. There are recipes, photos and anecdotes from Kemp's experience growing food on her small balcony in Southwark; Kemp is warm and self-effacing and makes an excellent guide. Each month has its own herb, with growing tips and culinary and medicinal uses for each.As uncertainty rises about whether those outside the property ladder will ever get to own their own home, Permaculture in Pots gives power and opportunity back to generations who are becoming more aware of the need of self-sufficiency, and yet find themselves in rented home with concrete where gardens once were. There's excuse t to get started!
- Author BiographyJuliet Kemp lives in London with her partner, dog, and baby son. Permaculture in Pots was written from experiences gleaned from gardening her Southwark flat balcony. When not writing (fiction or non-fiction) or pottering about her plant-growing spaces, Juliet enjoys cycling, climbing, knitting, and making/upcycling all sorts of things. After several years of learning about and using permaculture, Juliet completed the Permaculture Design Course at the Earth Activist Training 2011 course, which she found incredibly inspiring.
- Author(s)Juliet Kemp
- PublisherHyden House Ltd
- Date of Publication27/12/2012
- Place of PublicationEast Meon, Hants
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPermanent Publications
- Content NoteFull colour throughout, includes photographs
- Weight373 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.