Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionSince the early 1930's, Soviet chemists have played a lead ing role in the study of unfamiliar oxidation state compounds of the peroxide, superoxide, and ozonide types. Interest in the alkali and alkaline earth metal derivatives is w widespread and diverse, and numerous practical applications of these com pounds have evolved, ranging from their use as air revitaliza tion materials in space cabins to their use in compounding semiconductor materials. Professor Vol'v is eminently qualified to write this mograph since for many years he has been a leading investi gator and prolific writer in the field of peroxide, superoxide, and ozonide chemistry. He has succeeded in presenting a lucid and detailed discussion of past work, the present state, and the future potential of this area of unfamiliar oxidation state chemistry. Of particular interest is Professor Vol 'v's extensive compilation of available thermodynamic, kinetic, and structural data for the alkali and alkaline earth peroxides, superoxides, and ozonides. In addition, he has reviewed the kwn methods of synthesis, as well as the practical applications for which these compounds are suited. This mograph will be of interest and value to chemists, t only for the information it imparts, but equally for the information it does t impart, thereby illuminating the re search paths and investigation which must be undertaken in order to increase our kwledge concerning the chemistry of this important class of chemical compounds.
- Author(s)I I Volnov
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight231 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.