All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerry's Department Store: A Buying Simulation, 4th Edition, launches students into the exciting role of being a retail buyer in the fashion industry using a unique simulation approach that takes readers step-by-step through a real-life buying experience. The text is organized into 10 chapters that walk students through the various steps a new buyer would take to complete a six-month buying plan and a merchandise assortment plan for the women's contemporary apparel, junior apparel, women's accessories, men's apparel and accessories, men's contemporary apparel, children's, or home furnishings markets. The fourth edition has been revised with statistical information to reflect a more contemporary structure and business model for a successful department store. The new Perry's Department Store is organized to reflect a larger-scale department store in today's market. Students interact by researching current market and industry trends to build their business. The charts and worksheets in this book and companion website, Perry's Department Store: A Buying Simulation STUDIO, are replicas of those found in the retail and wholesale industry to expose students to the procedures and policies they can expect to find in a first job as an assistant buyer. This new edition and STUDIO launch students directly into the exciting role of a retail buyer in the fashion industry. Introducing Perry's Department Store: A Buying Simulation STUDIO--an online tool for more effective study! ~Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips. ~Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions. ~Follow the text's steps and calculations with data and statistical information. ~Download worksheets, Excel spreadsheets with embedded formulas and blank worksheets. ~View industry catalogs and private label line sheets. ~Link to additional resources to complete the buying simulation. This bundle includes Perry's Department Store: A Buying Simulation 4th Edition and Perry's Department Store: A Buying Simulation STUDIO Access Card.
- Author BiographyKaren M. Videtic is a Professor in the Department of Fashion Design and Merchandising at Virginia Commonwealth University, USA, where she has taught has taught retail buying, fashion merchandising, retail entrepreneurship, management, and fashion promotions since 1984. Cynthia W. Steele is Creative Director for C & F Enterprises/ Gallerie II, USA, where she is responsible for trend and design direction for the company. Formerly an Assistant Professor in the Department of Fashion at Virginia Commonwealth University, USA, she has taught courses in apparel industry, retail buying, merchandising, trends and fashion promotion. Her professional background includes product development in textiles, seasonal trim, gift, decorative accessories and home decor, over ten years in sales management in the gift and decorative accessories industry and over 15 years in retail buying and management for department and specialty stores.
- Author(s)Cynthia W. Steele
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication26/03/2015
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Weight486 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Other printed item
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.