Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionPersian literature is the jewel in the crown of Persian culture. It has profoundly influenced the literatures of Ottoman Turkey, Muslim India and Turkic Central Asia and been a source of inspiration for Goethe, Emerson, Matthew Arld and Jorge Luis Borges among others. Yet Persian literature has never received the attention it truly deserves. A History of Persian Literature answers this need and offers a new, comprehensive and detailed history of its subject. This 18-volume, authoritative survey reflects the stature and significance of Persian literature as the single most important accomplishment of the Iranian experience. It includes extensive, revealing examples with contributions by prominent scholars who bring a fresh critical approach to bear on this important topic. In this volume the Editors offer an indispensable overview of Persian literature's long and rich historiography. Highlighting the central themes and ideas which inform historical writing, Persian Historiography will be an indispensable source for the historiographical traditions of Iran and the essential guide to the subject.
- Author BiographyCharles Melville is Professor of Persian History and Fellow of Pembroke College at the University of Cambridge. Ehsan Yarshater is the Director of the Center for Iranian Studies and Professor Emeritus of Iranian Studies, Columbia University and the Founding Editor of the Encyclopaedia Iranica.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/01/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleHistory of Persian Literature
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight1179 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine69 mm
- Edited byCharles Melville
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.