Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- Description'It's a very short trip from the limousine seat to the curb.' Jim Mann never missed a payroll for the dozen men who worked for his flourishing landscaping business he built from the ground up. Now he lives hand-to-mouth. His pockets are empty long before his next social assistance cheque arrives. In early 2010 over two hundred civic and faith leaders fanned out into thirty Ontario communities. Their goal? To explore how the least fortunate people in one of the world's richest places are faring. The Interfaith Social Assistance Reform Coalition's latest social audit exposed a tattered social assistance system run by volunteers desperately struggling to fill the gaps. There can be papering over the savage inequalities and suffering exposed in this compelling look at life from the margins.
- Author(s)Brice Balmer,Jamie Swift,Mira Dineen
- PublisherBetween the Lines
- Date of Publication09/09/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBetween the Lines
- Weight240 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.