All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is person-centred dementia care, and how can it be used to improve care for people from diagsis to end of life? How can we improve services in people's own homes, in care homes, in supported housing and in hospitals? This substantially updated second edition considers recent developments in person-centred care, presenting refreshed guidelines for practice. Dawn Brooker and Isabelle Latham explain the evolution of the key principles of person-centred care that comprise the VIPS model. They describe how it has been applied in diverse service settings, and show how to put the model into practice. A new chapter dedicated to culture of care will help service managers to get to grips with this slippery concept, and includes important information on how to guard against neglectful practice. Case studies from the CHOICE programme, a research project on culture of care, demonstrate the key factors that are important for people living with advanced dementia and complex needs to live well.
- Author BiographyDawn Brooker is Professor of Dementia Studies and Director of the University of Worcester Association for Dementia Studies, UK. Isabelle Latham is senior lecturer at the Association for Dementia Studies, University of Worcester, UK.
- Author(s)Dawn Brooker,Isabelle Latham
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/11/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.