Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.34
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.29Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe book contains a description of the phemen of religion as a personal experience, socio-cultural fact, and ontic relations between the human person and God. The second part is a presentation of contemporary interpretations of religion which, although they do t explain all religious phemena, netheless have sociological and psychological bases. The most significant part concerns the ontic foundations of religion, namely, the existential situation of the human being who can recognize himself and who recognizes at the same time his finitness and transcendence. Special at tention is given to the role of religion in culture, specifically in regard to science, morality and art. The book also contains an analysis of many different methodological approaches to the philosophy of religion.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Zofia J. Zdybicka, U.C.J.S., received her Ph.D. in philosophy from the Catholic University of Lublin/Kul., Poland. She was a research fellow at Yale University, USA and the Catholic University of Leuven/Belgium. Dr. Zdybicka is presently Professor, Chairman of the Department of the Philosophy of Religion, and the Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy at Kul. While concentrating on the ontic foundations of the existence of religion in general, she shows the existential status of being a human person in contingency and transcendency. In this way Dr. Zdybicka's research introduces a new aspect which points to the essential relations between man and religion, and to problems of affirmation and negation of God in contemporary culture. Dr. Zdybicka has published four books, edited four anthologies, and one hundred fifty articles.
- Author(s)Zofia J Zdybicka
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1992
- Series TitleCatholic Thought from Lublin
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1991
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight740 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.