All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Not only is this the first key text on person-centred counselling psychology, but one of the best introductions to the approach. Gillon combines an in-depth understanding of the person-centred field with a highly accessible writing style to produce a book that will be of ermous value to anyone wanting to practice person-centred therapy. Essential reading for trainee and practising counselling psychologists with an interest in the person-centred approach and highly recommended for counsellors and psychotherapists of all orientations' - Mick Cooper, Professor of Counselling, Counselling Unit, University of Strathclyde Person-Centred Counselling Psychology: An Introduction is an introduction to the philosophy, theory and practice of the person-centred approach. Focusing on the psychological underpinnings of the approach, Ewan Gillon describes the theory of personality on which it is based and the nature of the therapeutic which is characterised by o unconditional positive regard o empathy o congruence. The book shows how the person-centred approach relates to others within counselling psychology and to contemporary practices in mental health generally. It also gives guidance to readers on the approach's research tradition as well as considering key issues for those wishing to train and work as a person-centred practitioner. As such, it is designed to be an applied, accessible text, providing a dialogue between the psychological basis of person-centred therapy and its application within the real world. As well as psychology students, it will be of interest to those from other disciplines, counselling trainees, those within the caring professions, and person-centred therapists from a n-psychological background. Ewan Gillon is Director of The Edinburgh Psychology Centre and Lecturer in Counselling Psychology at Glasgow Caledonian University.
- Author BiographyEwan Gillon is Lecturer in Psychology, Glasgow Caledonian University.
- Author(s)Ewan Gillon
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/06/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight395 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.