All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis book surveys current kwledge regarding endocrine disruptors and other hormone-mimicking compounds in the environment as a result of the disposal of cosmetics, drugs, and cleaning agents. The book investigates dozens of biologically active pollutants, describes their physiological effects, and assesses the evidence of their impact on humans and wildlife. Substances treated include phthalates, bisphel-A, hormones and an array of steroids. Techniques being investigated by the EPA for the detection and analysis of steroids and hormones in water samples are presented. This is a key reference volume for environmental health, risk assessment and water/wastewater techlogy. Some of the highlights of the book include: explains key chemicals from drugs and cosmetics in water and clarifies their risks; covers endocrine disruptors and other biologically active compounds; and, reviews EPA testing protocols for steroids and hormones.
- Author(s)Frank R. Spellman
- PublisherDEStech Publications, Inc
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLancaster
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDEStech Publications, Inc
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.