All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPersonal Conflict Management utilizes a modernized theory/skill approach to interpersonal conflict, placing equal emphasis on the theoretical and practical. Supporting the tion that there is t one correct approach to conflict management, and utilizing the authors' shared experiences as mediators and organizational facilitators, this text demonstrates the value of collaborative models for resolving conflict and the necessity and benefits in understanding competitive approaches. Through the inclusion of both competitive and cooperative theories, the authors present contrasting perspectives of conflict management. Beginning with an introduction to conflict, the text examines the major approaches and theories of conflict management. Following a discussion of the causes and variables which exist within conflicts, the skills necessary for conflict management are analyzed, including listening, the ability to seek information, the importance of understanding personality types and behavior patters, negotiation, and conflict assessment. The final two sections of the text take the reader beyond the basics, exploring the difficulties encountered in conflict management, the aftermath to a conflict, and conflicts in context, applying the theoretical concepts to everyday situations. Written in an academic yet reader-friendly style, this textbook is enjoyable and thought-provoking for both students and instructors. Case studies, examples, essay suggestions, discussion questions, etc support an interactive environment that optimizes learning opportunities. Instructors will find these features useful in the development of classroom discussions and assignments, while students will benefit from the opportunity to examine their own conflict behavior and enhance their skills in conflict management.
- Author BiographySuzanne McCorkle, Boise State University Melanie J. Reese, Boise State University
- Author(s)Melanie J. Reese,Suzanne McCorkle
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication09/06/2009
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.