All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.17Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionSince the publication of Mark Siderits' important book in 2003, much has changed in the field of Buddhist philosophy. There has been unprecedented growth in analytic metaphysics, and a considerable amount of new work on Indian theories of the self and personal identity has emerged. Fully revised and updated, and drawing on these changes as well as on developments in the author's own thinking, Personal Identity and Buddhist Philosophy, second edition explores the conversation between Buddhist and Western Philosophy showing how concepts and tools drawn from one philosophical tradition can help solve problems arising in ather. Siderits discusses afresh areas involved in the philosophical investigation of persons, including vagueness and its implications for personal identity, recent attempts by scholars of Buddhist philosophy to defend the attribution of an emergentist account of personhood to at least some Buddhists, and whether a distinctively Buddhist antirealism can avoid problems that beset other forms of ontological anti-foundationalism.
- Author BiographyMark Siderits recently retired from the Philosophy Department of Seoul National University, where he taught Asian and comparative philosophy. His research interests lie in the intersection between classical Indian philosophy on the one hand, and analytic metaphysics and philosophy of language on the other. Among his more recent publications are Buddhism As Philosophy (Ashgate/Hackett), Personal Identity and Buddhist Philosophy: Empty Persons (Ashgate) and, together with ShAiryA Katsura, NAugAurjuna's Middle Way: MA lamadhyamakakAurikAu (Wisdom). He has also edited several collections of work on Indian/analytic philosophy.
- Author(s)Mark Siderits
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- Series TitleAshgate World Philosophies Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight596 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Purushottama Bilimoria,David E. Cooper,Professor Kathleen Higgins,Professor Robert C. Solomon
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.