All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionWhat type of right is a property right? How are items of property classified for legal purposes? In this revised edition of Personal Property Law, Michael Bridge provides answers to these fundamental questions of property law. His critical analysis includes new material on insolvency, in particular the anti-deprivation principle and the pari passu rule, as well as comprehensive accounts of recent case law (OBG v Allan, Yearworth, and Datastream,) and statutory developments. Widely considered to be the best short introduction to English personal property law, Bridge constructs an authoritative and systematic summary of this complex field for readers approaching the subject for the first time. It focuses on the acquisition, loss, transfer, and protection of interests in personal property law, and specific topics include: ownership and possession; treatment of the separate contributions of the common law and equity to modern personal property law; discussion of modes of transfer; the means of protecting property interests; the resolution of disputes concerning title to personal property; the grant of security interests, and the issues arising out of the transformation and mixing of tangible personal property.
- Author BiographyMichael Bridge is the Cassel Professor of Commercial Law at the London School of Economics and Professor of Law at the National University of Singapore. He is a Barrister and Bencher of the Middle Temple and a Fellow of the British Academy. He previously held chairs in law at McGill University, the University of Nottingham, and University College London, where he was also the Dean of the Faculty of Laws. He has been a Visiting Professor at the Universities of Leeds, Malaya, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Sydney, Auckland, and Mainz, and at Monash, Tulane and Bilgi (Istanbul) Universities. His research interests are in secured transactions and insolvency, international and domestic sale of goods, uniform law, private international law, comparative private law, and personal property law.
- Author(s)Professor Michael Bridge
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleClarendon Law Series
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight536 g
- Width142 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.