Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are personality disorders? How should they be conceptualized, and how should they be assessed and diagsed in clinical practice? For over a century these questions have been at the heart of psychological science. Yet even today, as the recent controversy over proposed changes to the classification of PDs in DSM-5 attests, there is hardly consensus on the answers. This ground breaking text offers a comprehensive and provocative tour of a field that is ripe for integration. Contributors who rank among the world s most prestigious clinical and personality psychologists guide readers through the state of our kwledge of personality disorders, from conceptual and theoretical concerns to the practical problems faced by assessing clinicians. They address the advantages and disadvantages of categorical and dimensional approaches to diagsing personality pathology used in the standard diagstic manuals, as well as the hybrid model described in Section III of DSM-5. Recent advances in statistical, methodological, and biogenetic research strategies are applied to the study of PDs, with a focus on clinical and empirical approaches to assessment and diagsis. Theorists describe how psychodynamic, attachment, interpersonal, evolutionary, and cognitive processing approaches offer surprisingly similar models of conceptualizing and treating PDs.
- Author BiographyDr. Steven Huprich is Professor and Director of Clinical Training at Wichita State University, USA. He is the Editor of the Journal of Personality Assessment and the 2013 recipient of the Theodore Millon Award in Personality Psychology.
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight957 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited bySteven K. Huprich
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.