CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of Arabic dialects has been an important and rich area of research over the past thirty-five years or so, with significant implications for modern linguistic analysis. The current volume builds on this tradition with ten scholarly contributions that provide vel data and analyses in multiple areas of Arabic linguistics: Syntax and its interfaces; regional and sociolinguistic variation; and first language acquisition. The linguistic facts in the volume are drawn from the various Arabic dialects spoken in North Africa, Egypt, the Arabian Peninsula, the Levant, and Standard Arabic, and the analyses proposed reflect current approaches in linguistic theory. The volume, therefore, should be of interest to formal linguists, sociolinguists, historical linguists, dialectologists, as well as researchers on first language acquisition. It is our hope that the papers in this volume will spur more interest in and research on further aspects of Arabic linguistics.
- PublisherJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/07/2016
- Series TitleStudies in Arabic Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Content Note+ index
- Weight570 g
- Edited byStuart Davis,Usama Soltan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.