All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.74
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.72
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.56Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- DescriptionWho's the real sales expert: the salesperson or the consumer? Each has a different approach to effective sales and what will really move the consumer to take action. Each approaches buying and selling from a different angle - a different perspective - and without understanding both points of view, the picture is never fully complete. Perspectives on Increasing Sales is the first book to offer both sides of the story. In an easy-to-read, question/answer format, Marvin Miletsky provides the salesperson perspective while James Callander gives the customer point of view on topics including finding new leads and prospects, successful negotiations, landing an account and closing the deal, managing and improving the relationship and a whole lot more. What makes this book different from other sales-oriented books is that there is author collaboration or sharing of information during the writing process. Neither author was aware of what the other was writing. The result is a fascinating, -holds-barred look at increasing sales as both the salesperson and customer see it, leaving readers with a list of action items and a better understanding of core sales concepts to dramatically improve success rates.
- Author BiographyMarvin N. Miletsky, a sales veteran and manager with more than 30 years of experience in the electrical industry, has been responsible for landing and negotiating millions of dollars worth of new and continued contracts. Miletsky's visionary approach to new-business development has helped him amass an expansive client network built from some of the largest and most influential decision-makers in his industry. A nationally recognized expert, Miletsky has been a featured speaker at conferences and universities on topics including techniques for increasing sales and maintaining profitable relationships. In the 1990s, he was a two-term president of one of the industry's oldest and most respected regional trade associations, spearheading the development of a buyer/seller networking system that continues to flourish. He has contributed to building world-class technologies, such as Netscape Communicator and Novell's NDS. As an engineering manager, he has been at the ground floor of several startups and has been a lecturer at San Jose State University and Brooks College. He has authored or co-authored more than 100 technical papers published in well-reputed European and American research journals. James A. Callander is purchasing manager for L.K. Comstock, an electrical contractor that designs and installs electrical systems primarily for the railroad and rail-transit industries. Mr. Callander has almost 30 years of accountmanagement, sales, and purchasing experience. As someone who has experienced sales from both the sales and purchasing point of view, Mr. Callander is uniquely qualified to provide insight into the sales practices that ensure optimal performance. His sales experience includes direct sales for GE Supply, as well as indirect sales for Panduit Corporation. His purchasing experience ranges from on-site project purchasing to purchasing at the corporate level.
- Author(s)James Callander,Marvin Miletsky
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.