All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionLanguage learning materials development remains a surprisingly under-supported aspect of language teaching. This book constitutes a much-needed resource in the area, aiming to support and advance the craft of materials design. The volume offers a snapshot of the contemporary influences on language learning materials development from diverse perspectives around the globe. These influences include the demands of teaching ESOL in Britain and Ireland, the impact of Corpus Linguistics, the needs of young learners and of diverse worldwide audiences, the development of intercultural competence, as well as the integration of L2 acquisition research. Contributors to the volume are drawn from a broad range of teaching, research and materials development backgrounds. The book includes some chapters based on papers given at the MATSDA (Materials Development Association) 2008 conference.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Freda Mishan is a lecturer on the M.A. course in English Language Teaching at the University of Limerick, Ireland. Her research and publications include a book, book chapters and articles in the areas of language learning materials development and the use of ICT for language learning. She has over 30 years' language teaching and training experience worldwide. Angela Chambers is professor of applied languages and director of the Centre for Applied Language Studies, University of Limerick, Ireland. She has co-edited a number of books and published several articles on aspects of language learning. Her current research focuses on the use of corpus data by language learners.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication24/06/2010
- Series TitleIntercultural Studies and Foreign Language Learning
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2010
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight410 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAngela Chambers,Freda Mishan
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.