All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, with the transformation of political ecomies and the influence of new theoretical frameworks, especially in cultural studies, older approaches to area studies have become increasingly inadequate. This landmark volume charts new territory by demonstrating the limits of neatly demarcating the regions of 'Latin America' and the 'United States'. Perspectives on Las Americas: A Reader in Culture, History, and Representation presents key readings that collectively examine the historical, cultural, ecomic, and political integration of Latina/os across the Americas. It is the editors' hope that this thoughtful and invative collection will challenge the barriers between Latina/o Studies and Latin American/Caribbean Studies as approached by anthropologists, historians, and other scholars. Perspectives on Las Americas provides a core text in a variety of settings and will offer instructors, students, and interested readers both the theoretical tools and case studies necessary to rethink transnational realities and identities.
- Author BiographyMatthew C. Gutmann is the Stanley J. Bernstein Assistant Professor of the Social Sciences International Affairs at Brown University. Felix V. Matos-Rodriguez is Associate Professor in the Department of African and Puerto Rican/Latino Studies at Hunter College (CUNY). Lynn Stephen is Professor and Chair of Anthropology at the University of Oregon, Eugene. Patricia Zavella is Professor of Latin American and Latino Studies and Director of the Chicano/Latino Research Center at the University of California, Santa Cruz.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/01/2003
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleGlobal Perspectives
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note11
- Weight978 g
- Width176 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byFelix V. Rodriguez,Lynn M. Stephen,Matthew C. Gutmann,Patricia Zavella
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.