Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionStressing the importance of sustainable water use, this volume touches upon the broader discourses of water challenges, incorporating different disciplinary perceptions ranging from social to environmental sciences. Discussing how the ecological, social, and ecomic benefits that freshwater systems provide and the trade-off between consumptive and on-stream benefits remain contested, this collection of narratives calls for a global perspective on sustainable water use with an exclusive emphasis on better management of shared river basins and individual water sheds.
- Author BiographyLydia Powell is an employee of the Observer Research Foundation, Center for Resources Management, and the editor of the ORF Energy News Monitor . Sonali Mittra is a researcher with interest in policy research associated with water development and sustainability. She has been working with the Resources Management team in the Observer Research Foundation with a focus on water issues, small hydro development, and solar energy in South Asia.
- PublisherAcademic Foundation
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationGhaziabad
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintAcademic Foundation
- Content Notemaps
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byLydia Powell,Sonali Mittra
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.